It's Fly Lice You Plick

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

In Communist Russia...

...Toilet pees on you.



The backstory:

So I followed my cousin and his wife back to their swanky 5 star hotel after lunch to freshen up and prepare for another afternoon outing. Now, I've stayed at my fair share of dives over the last couple of months so I was a bit unaccustomed to seeing what real hotel rooms look like. I must have spent a good few minutes rustling through complimentary bars of soap and shampoo bottles, disposable slippers and toothbrushes, working fixtures and the attached bathroom. All that good stuff.

Then I came upon this high tech piece of porcelain:

I imagine this type of thing belongs in a rocket ship or some ancient world expo's "home of tomorrow" exhibit.

A closer look at the knobs:

#1

#2

Our best guess was that knob number 2 is for uh... number 1 cleanup and vice versa. I took it upon myself to test them out to make sure, hence the video. We're still not clear on the function of knob #2.

I wasn't expecting it to shoot out with a force great enough to rupture a colon. It's a good thing I wear glasses.

5 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger Big Mama said...

LOL!!! The video didn't work, but hey the description was fantastic! So how long are you going to be vacationing?

 
At 6:41 PM, March 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, what did I tell you about high pressure devices?

 
At 8:22 AM, March 22, 2006, Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

I think it requires a flash player plugin. That's my best guess anyway. I'll be vacationing for another month or so before I start work in Bangkok. I'm considering India once my contract there is up. More on that when I figure it out.

I couldn't help but mess around with it... Inquisitive minds need to know!

 
At 9:52 AM, March 22, 2006, Blogger Big Mama said...

I don't think I am THAT curious, LOL!!!

 
At 2:14 AM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

It's probably for the best :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home