It's Fly Lice You Plick

Friday, March 03, 2006

Travel Day: Back to Civilization

A few words of advice. Despite the overwhelming daytime heat, night time in the jungle can be quite cold and uncomfortable. I used a slightly damp towel as a blanket because I decided I would tough it out (instead of renting a sleeping bag from the park headquarters). Lesson learned.

I have a few recordings of the creepy night time noises but I don't have a place to host them. Maybe later.

A wrong turn while trekking back to Kuala Tahan led us to a "hidden" Orang Asli village (about a 50M away from the main path). We decided not to disturb as it was still too early in the morning.

The village:

A little further down the trail, we heard a large animal crash through a tree about 10 meters away from us. The jungle was too thick to catch a glimpse but I think it must have been either an elephant or a rhino.

I'm catching the 2:30 boat back to Jerantut for a good night's sleep, a cooked meal and a hot shower. I'm looking forward to all three.

Today's photos:


I wrote my name down on a piece of paper and they still got it wrong:

Badass mullet or case for child abuse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home