It's Fly Lice You Plick

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Travel Day: Jerantut

Itching to leave, I wished Magdalena and Magnus a safe journey and caught the 8:45 bus out of Cherating. The bus dropped me off at the wrong place in Kuantan’s city center so I had to leg it over to the other side of town to catch my connecting bus.

This shop was along the way:

As was the state mosque:

Another bus ride and a number of hours later, I arrived in Jerantut, where I’m spending the night. I’ll be heading into the jungle tomorrow so this will be my last dose of civilization for the next few days.

Jerantut has an interesting night market full of hawker food stalls and knock off consumer goods:

One of the stalls provides Thai massages, reflexology, fire cupping, acupuncture and leech therapy. Given the setting (road side stand) and graphic nature of their leech therapy displays, I wonder if they get many customers. I won’t post the pictures here. Email me if you’d like me to send them (agentyellow[at sign]gmail.com).

The market also has some sort of carnival sideshow but I gave that a miss – I had to catch an information session for tomorrow’s trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home