It's Fly Lice You Plick

Monday, February 27, 2006

Cherating: Traveling Alone

Cherating’s surrounding areas have plenty to offer by way of sights for those wanting to see something different. For example, there is a trip out to a waterfall where, if you’re lucky, you can meet an old hermit Buddhist monk who lives in a nearby cave. There’s also a trip out to watch sea turtles and another to see fireflies. The condition is that there must be at least two people interested in going. The few people I’ve met here are more interested in the beach, unfortunately.

I initially thought that traveling alone would offer the freedom to travel on my own terms. This is true to an extent. I can wake up any time I want. I’ve plotted my own route through the country, doing the things that I’d like to do (for the most part). But, I always run into this two person rule.

It’d also be good to have a little company here to share the experiences (and expenses) with. Sometimes I just miss the sound of a familiar voice or having an extra set of eyes to make sure everything’s ok.

On a related note, the Swedish girl (Magdalena is her name) living in hut #12 directly across from mine (with her boyfriend Magnus) has taken to parading around in her bra and panties all day, throwing me from contented bliss back into a state of bitter frustration. I’m glad the showers here are cold.

Today's photo offering:

Bitty crabs:

The good monkeys go to law school and make their parents proud. All the bad monkeys hang out by the dumpster and make nuisances of themselves.

The biggest earthworm I have ever seen. To give a sense of scale, those are size 13 sandals:


1 Comments:

At 8:20 PM, March 04, 2006, Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

Hehe. You know what they say about people with big feet, right?

Big shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home