It's Fly Lice You Plick

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Travel Day: Kuala Tahan

I started the day with a three hour boat ride upstream to get to Kuala Tahan, the town directly across the river from the Taman Negara National Park. The only option for accommodation on park property besides the government funded jungle hides is a five star resort, which is well out of my budget. Kuala Tahan's guesthouses are a lot more affordable and it’s only a 50 sen (15 cents CAD) boat ride across to the park.

Pictures from the boat ride:

Seeing this at the jetty didn't inspire much faith:

On the floor of the boat:


Water Buffalo:

Birds:

It was too late to do any real jungle trekking by the time I arrived in Kuala Tahan (the boat broke down along the way) so I spent the afternoon exploring the town instead.

Tapping for rubber:

Actually, they were too lazy to clean this outhouse:



Odd signage at the guesthouse:

Kate (an Irish backpacker I met on the boat today) and I have the exact same plan for tomorrow so it looks like we’ll be teaming up for a couple of days in the jungle.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, March 12, 2006, Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

I don't know if I should post them. They are swarming a guy's face and I think he's got one in his eye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home