It's Fly Lice You Plick

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Collateral Damage

And like that, I'm back at grandma's house to recoup for my next adventure (wherever that may take me).

The month away hasn't been without its fair share of injury. I'm currently taking inventory of the damage incurred over that period so I can *hopefully* learn from my mistakes. From what I've seen so far I've got the following:

  • Cut along right leg - Taking a spill in the Cameron Highlands
  • Blisters on both big toes, cracked heels - Walking all over Penang
  • Sun burns - Hanging around the beach in Langkawi without sun block (I'm an idiot)
  • Uneven tan - Raccoon eyes from wearing sunglasses in Pulau Perhentian (I'm still and idiot). I shudder to think what I'll look like when I shave off my goatee.
  • Blackened pinky toe nail - Hiking boots that weren't broken in before trekking in Taman Negara
  • Mosquito bites - Concentrated on ankles and elbows
  • Leech bite - From hitch hiking leech in Taman Negara
  • Higher potential for cancer (does that count as hypochondria, I wonder?) - From staying across from the microwave tower in Kota Bharu
I think I came out relatively unscathed considering how clumsy I can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home