It's Fly Lice You Plick

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Resignation: Aftermath

I went and did it. It was actually quite anti-climactic and I probably shouldn't have stressed over it as much as I did. Nevertheless, it's over. I'm glad.

The only bit of trouble I ran into was trying to get my letter of resignation printed out this morning. Since the printer is situated right next to the boss' desk, I couldn't print it out without his seeing it first. I ended up waiting til he was gone for lunch to make my move.

Just before the boss came back, I thought I'd do a little experiment on my co-workers and on the human condition in general. I nonchalantly made mention of my decision to the office gossip and waited a few minutes to let things trickle through the grapevine. Sure enough, M showed up in my office, pulling on my hair to get my attention (let me ask, who does this?). He said something to the effect of "Oh, I guess you're finally getting tired of me." To which I replied "Whatever do you mean?" I'm not too sure if he caught the sarcasm.

There's really nothing of note regarding the actual resignation speech itself. I said what I had to say. The boss was disappointed. I've got two and a half months to clear out my desk. Two and a half months of M, and automating the accounting system, and inventory and banging my head on the desk.

I'll try to fill you all in on my next step some time during the week. I'm still recovering from the move and all the fires I've been putting out at work.

Oh, by the way, thanks for the words of encouragement over the last couple of days, guys. Much appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home