It's Fly Lice You Plick

Friday, November 04, 2005

Carte Blanche For Good Times

Accountancy is not my forté. Let me reiterate. Accountancy is NOT my forté. That is why I didn't go to a school of accountancy. Perhaps that is also why I am not an accountant by trade.

So that begs the question. Why am I doing the accountant's job? Surely, I'm not giving the impression that I'm trained in that field. Let me check my resume. Nope. Nothing. Oh that's right. I'm doing it because I'm more cost effective than our part time accountant (read: paid less).

I've been banging my head on the table, calculating and entering historical branch data for two days now. I was just told to put together a statement of profit/loss a couple of minutes ago. My internal response was: "Whasawhosafudge?" I hope I'm not held liable should the company do an Enron because of my faulty calculations .

To make good of a bad situation, I've started intermittently sending my data to the boss for review. While he's distracted trying to make heads or tails of my figures, I'm free to goof off, hence, the "carte blanche for good times."

Today, I'm learning how to write with my left hand. It's not going so well. Before that, I was considering huffing hi-liter fumes but I gave up on that endeavour early on. The bright yellow Hitler 'stache would be a dead giveaway. Oh. For future reference, hi-liters smell faintly like vinegar. Or at least that's what I think they smell like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home