It's Fly Lice You Plick

Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Night Train to Bangkok

Head pressed against the window, countryside blurring past, the familiar click clacking rhythm of the train reverberating through the half empty sleeper cabin, sun lost in the distant horizon, maybe somewhere over Laos or the Mekong. It’s only at this moment, almost five months detached from my former life in Canada, at the conclusion of the second leg of my trip, that the gravity of it all finally sinks in.

Am I really here, I wonder?

Is any of this really happening?

Photos:



3 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats hobbes been up to, besides drying up on the island when you last mentioned him? was that the only time you mentioned hobbes?

 
At 7:11 PM, June 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"We were somewhere around Nong Khai at the edge of the Mekong when the drugs began to take hold......"

 
At 7:19 PM, June 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I want you to understand that this tiger at the seat is my attorney! He’s not just some dingbat I found on the Strip.. I think he's probably Siberian..or Royal Bengal....I'm not sure...."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home