It's Fly Lice You Plick

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Travel Day: Phonsavanh

Well, it looks like I’m back to traveling alone again. Caroline and Thien An are continuing southward to Vientiane while I’ve decided to backtrack north to Phonsavanh (I figured I might as well do it since I probably won't be coming back to this region anytime soon).

The girls woke up early to see me off, which was quite thoughtful of them. We said our goodbyes and exchanged email addresses over breakfast at the nearby café .

A Laotian doctor of journalism perhaps? (selling tickets at the Vang Vieng bus terminal):


The rest of the day was actually quite non-descript, having spent most of it on a public bus. I should note, though, that a ride on a public bus in Southeast Asia shouldn’t be missed as it’s a great way to sample the local life. To give an example, in order to claim my seat at the back of the bus (with the best leg room), I had to climb over large sacks of rice, newspaper wrapped produce, live chickens and old suitcases.

Winding roads through villages on mountain ridges:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home