It's Fly Lice You Plick

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Kota Bharu: Skeeters (Part 2)

I have concluded that in Malaysia, the word "repellant," in the context of "insect repellant," actually means "bait." Reasons for buying this product are beyond my grasp.

It rained quite heavily in Kota Bharu a couple of days ago, meaning the city had become a prime breeding ground for mosquitoes. Good thing I had the foresight to bring the bottle of repellant I had purchased earlier.

I liberally basted myself in a zesty citronella sauce and set myself to marinate overnight. By morning, I counted close to forty bites on my right arm alone. I didn't bother counting past that point.

So today's task, amongst other things, is to head to The Store and pick up a pack of mosquito coils. With brand names like “Fumakilla” and “Shieldtox,” I really wonder if it’s such a good idea to breathe this stuff in while I sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home