It's Fly Lice You Plick

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Travel Day: Langkawi

I caught the ferry for Langkawi at 8:30 this morning, meeting Keith and Bev on the lower deck. We split a cab to Pantai Tengah where our hotels are located. Unfortunately, their place is quite a distance from mine so meeting up for dinner was out of the question.

My hut near the beach, from the outside, looked rather well maintained so I didn’t hesitate when I checked in. I should’ve taken a look inside before I agreed to anything. That was mistake #1. Unlike my previous accommodations, this one has an ensuite bathroom, which sounds fancy on paper. Problem is, it hasn’t been cleaned in a while. Actually, I don’t think it’s ever been cleaned. The sink was for decoration purposes only – the drainage hole lead directly to the floor. It was the only place available within my budget so I guess I can’t really complain.

My shower - the wall's peeing on me.

The beach itself is a beautiful, quiet stretch, with lots of starfish bits and seashells floating in with the tide. I caught sight of a couple of jellyfish washed up on the beach too (I went in the water anyway. I’m badass like that). The resort set up a little hammock under a tree, which I took advantage of before wandering down the beach with my shirt off (mistake #2).


They probably had the right spelling the first time round.

Dinner time took me down to the neighbouring beach of Pantai Cenang for a nice romantic dinner of satay while watching the sun set on the Indian Ocean (by myself).
I don’t think my sun burns have completely taken hold yet – tomorrow should prove interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home