It's Fly Lice You Plick

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Penang: Day 2

I had originally intended to get my laundry done today, but the laundromat hadn't opened yet. So instead, I wandered off for a Dim Sum breakfast and subsequently forgot my errand when I stumbled on a few temples in Georgetown (and got lost). By the time I found my way back to the guest house, it was too late to bother with laundry - it wouldn't have been ready in time for my 8:30 ferry to Langkawi tomorrow.

The next order of business was to find Snake Temple, which nobody could find yesterday. With firm resolve, I made my way to the Komtar bus station. All said, it took me close to three hours to find/get on the bus and finally get there. It was quite a letdown considering the amount of time and effort invested into finding it. There were only two snakes in the temple proper. There were more in the adjoining snake farm but it was nothing special. I was there twenty minutes. Tops. Bah!


Our group met up for the last time over some curry and drinks. Keith, Bev and I are heading out in the morning for Langkawi. Jillian, Justin and Ladis are sticking around for an extra day.

Random pictures from today:

They obviously go hand in hand:


Derelict shop houses:

1 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

Naw I'm not planning any trips to Austral...oh...OH...

Just caught the double entendre.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home