It's Fly Lice You Plick

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Mother Knows Best

As a child, my mom used to warn me about watching TV in the dark. The nagging evolved over the years to include using my laptop in the dark (I'm too lazy to get out of bed to turn the lights off when it's time to sleep). My youthful hubris kept me from paying much attention to her.

As it goes, lessons are best learned first hand.

I was playing Call of Duty on the new notebook last night (with the lights off, obviously), keeping those whacky Nazis at bay, when it dawned on me that something was amiss - I had forgotten that insects are naturally drawn to light. Every single bug in the room made its way to my laptop screen, making sure to pay me a visit along the way. This included mosquitos, a few moths, some miscellaneous buzzing things and a beetle the size of my thumbnail. Wearing a manskirt didn't help the matter any.

Tomorrow's lesson: Plastic bags are not toys.

1 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, watch the Nazi comments I'm in a position to send some after you in real life, so beware!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home