It's Fly Lice You Plick

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Data Loss

I toiled all morning consolidating branch data into a handy Excel spreadsheet, putting extra effort to work in a whole bunch of complicated formulas (I'm brown nosing my way to a good letter of recommendation). Having nearly completed my work, I decided to leave my newly minted "untitled.xls" to stretch my legs and get a drink.

I figure 5 minutes.

Tops.

I came back to my workstation only to find Excel closed off, all my work unsaved and "K-Lite Codec Pack" clearly marked as a "newly installed program" in the Start Menu.

I'm so angry, my teeth hurt.

9 more shifts

2 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, January 01, 2006, Blogger Dave said...

Dude - "untitled.xls"? Hate to say it man, but that one's kind of your own fault. ;)

 
At 11:43 PM, January 01, 2006, Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

What can I say? I like to live on the edge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home