It's Fly Lice You Plick

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Human Pincushion

With only a little more than a month to go before my trip, it's only sensible I start making a few preparations. The task I set myself for the weekend was to consult my physician for vaccinations I may be required to have for my leg in Laos and Cambodia. I thought that at the most, I'd need some blood tests and maybe a set of Hepatitis shots. I thought three needles tops. I thought wrong.

The doctor says that I'll need the following:
1 x Blood test (I got that done this morning)
3 x Hepatitis (if I don't carry the antibodies - I suspect I don't)

He also gave me the number for the CHR (Calgary Health Region) which will probably administer the following vaccinations:
1 x Tetanus and Diptheria
1 x Typhoid
1 x Tubercolosis
1 x Yellow Fever
1 x Japanese B Encephalitis
1 x Rabies

So I guess I'm going to have bona fide tracklines by the time this is all done. I feel like such a junkie.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Dave said...

You know what a human pincushion is, eh? Jared is a human pincushion.

 
At 10:03 PM, December 12, 2005, Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

Somehow I'm glad hot beef injections aren't on my list, Dave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home