It's Fly Lice You Plick

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Lovely Accent

Mid last week, the boss assigned me the task of tracking down 13 Amp rated BS1362 standard fuses (exciting, I know). Obviously it's because I have nothing better to do. Training the new guy? Unneccesary. Coordinating inventory? That was so last year. Accounting? Our creditors can wait.

Anyway, I finally managed to find a supplier based out in the U.K. and called them up for pricing. I guess they don't get too many calls from these parts because the lady who picked up the line was taken aback by my North American drawl. She said something to the effect of "lovely accent, by the way," which made my head swell up but good.

So because of my "lovely accent," I snagged a 2 "quid" (~20%) discount and a reduced shipping rate. I suddenly feel so foreign and exotic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home