It's Fly Lice You Plick

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Interoffice Memo

To: All Staff
From: Jon Chan
Date: 10/04/05
Re: Computer Problems

As the company's Systems Administrator, I am responsible for maintaining the company network and all associated computers therein. It is not within the parameters of my job description to help with your personal computer issues.

My cel-phone number on the emergency contact sheet is not intended as an off hours tech support line. I do not have any interest in receiving five or six calls regarding your lost MSN password. Furthermore, my lunch hours do not fit under the "tech time with Jon Chan" category. I cannot repair your computers just because you bring them into my office.

To reiterate in layman's terms, I am not your bitch. Please find someone else to fill that role.

Good Day.
Jon Chan
Systems Administrator

Wow. That was quite cathartic.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger Christopher Stogdill said...

Nice....I like your blog and will be checking in to see if you got that job.....hoepfully you actually sent out that memo.

 
At 11:12 PM, October 04, 2005, Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

Thanks! I hope I get it too (although I may plan on an extended working holiday if things fall through). I think I accidentally sent the print job to the boss' printer... I hope he didn't read it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home