It's Fly Lice You Plick

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Things to do when you're bored at work Part IV

There comes a point, usually some time during the mid afternoon lull, when productivity drops to zero. My eyes glaze over and jaw goes slack. Coherent thought dissipates. This is where I'm at right now.

For the past twenty minutes, I've been drawing smiley mouths and angry eyebrows on Post-It notes then pasting them to my face. It's like Prozac without the nasty side effects. I deserve an award.

Not more than five minutes ago, a co-worker walked into my office to submit some paperwork for processing. I suspect he won't be establishing eye contact with me for the next couple of days.

It's funny that my general malaise has numbed any embarrassment I probably should have felt. Maybe I should make a Post-It note to reflect that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home