It's Fly Lice You Plick

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Night Train to Chiang Mai

Boredom got the better of me during the overnight trip to Chiang Mai. Being on the top bunk in a sleeper train meant that I couldn’t watch the scenery go by (there was no window and it was dark outside for most of the trip). Sleeping was made difficult by the food and drink vendors, who had taken to shouting Thai into my bunk every time they passed.

To pass the time, Hobbes and I went a few rounds of thumb wrestling. He lost, mainly because tigers don’t have opposing thumbs:

We also tried rock, paper, scissors but I ran into some difficulty determining what Hobbes played:

4 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, April 11, 2006, Blogger Big Mama said...

I love Hobbes! He seems to be holding up really well.

 
At 12:27 AM, April 22, 2006, Blogger Fly Lice You Plick said...

He's doing ok but he reeks of aloe (a bottle of purell exploded on him - I told him not to mess with it).

On a totally different tangent, is it wrong for a 25 year old to have an imaginary friend?

 
At 2:40 PM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Big Mama said...

Not at all, I encourage it!

 
At 2:53 PM, April 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just be careful handling tigers, man.

Look what happened to Roy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home